WELCOME!

I'm so glad you are here.



Monday, May 2, 2011

New Jottings from a New Blogger

This is my first post and I am excited about doing it.  Thought I would share some good books I have recently read.  My favorite is A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick.  Wow, what a page turner.   Every time I thought I knew what was going to happen, I was surprised, even stunned as new twists and turns developed.  It was full of thoroughly unlikeable characters, but I couldn't wait to see what would happen on the next page.  Put it on your list for summer reading.

I've also recently finished the first two books in the Steig Larsson trilogy about that quirky gal Lisbeth Salander.  If you can get past the frequent references to places in Sweden (that I can't begin to pronounce) they are wonderfully complex and suspenseful.  Each book stands alone, but I would recomment reading them in order.  Larsson was a masterful story teller, but alas he died in 2004 so unfortunately there will  be no more chapters in the life of Lisbeth Salander.  As soon as I can get my hands on the third one, I will be staying up late reading it.  The titles are The Girl with the Dragon TattooThe Girl Who Played with Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest.

Currently I am reading Julia London's A Light at Winter's End.    Since I live in Texas, this book is particularly interesting.  This time I am familiar with all the places being mentioned and know how to pronounce them.  These characters are likeable and sympathetic, they just got themselves entangled in the huge dramas of their fractured families.  There's nothing like dysfunction to make for an interesting plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment